Thursday 7 May 2015

MEET THE ARRAN MOUNTAIN FESTIVAL WALK LEADERS - JOHN KITCHING



MEET THE ARRAN MOUNTAIN FESTIVAL WALK LEADERS 

JOHN KITCHING


What do you do when you don’t lead walks for the Arran Mountain Festival? 
Lead geography field study sessions and outdoor activities for Lochranza Field Studies Centre.

Why do you volunteer as an Arran Mountain Festival walk leader?
 
I enjoy being on the hills, leading gives me a chance share know environmental knowledge and allows me to pass on information about being safe in the hills.

Tell us about a favourite mountain moment.
Every time I’m on the hill.

What is your favourite Arran walk? 
The Castles up Glen Easan as its pretty much straight out my back door.

Which piece of kit would you not head into the hills without? 

My big warm duvet jacket. 

What is your favourite breakfast before a long day out in the mountains? 
Porridge with lots of fruit on top.


John is co-leading the Cioch na h-Oighe & Goatfell and the Gen Sannox horseshoe walks.

No comments:

Post a Comment